I’m 5 weeks into my internship, but things at FCV have never slowed down (and I love it, of course!). And in that last 5 weeks I’ve starting to know the culture and people at FCV better.
I’m part of the User Interface Team (name pending), and am now also working on two different projects at the same time. I can’t say what the projects are due to NDA, but both of them are launching soon and will be awesome websites!
A word about teams. Both of my new projects are managed by same project manager, David, who recently got hired by FCV. He is always on top of things, checks up on all team member to keep the client up to date with where they are in development. Also we have daily / bi-daily huddles and team meetings to let the team know where we are on the road map, and to keep things on track.
A word on time. While working on any projects I spend probably around 90% of my time coding. This is because is FCV is full service company and has specialized person for each role within the company which lets me focus on coding. The other 10% of my time is spent in discussions with designers, UX, or other developers and also huddles and meetings with the other team members.
The best practices I have learned while working at FCV is how to better collaborate with other team members. From small things like 1 pixel on padding to major functions on the site, talking to other developers in huddles / meetings with team members helps a lot when creating large scale websites.
There are only two weeks left on my internship and I know that last two weeks are going be the my most memorable weeks in my life!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Giveaway: Free Subscriptions to Depositphotos
- Winners of Interactive HTML5 World Maps from Simplemaps.com
- The Winners of Premium WordPress Themes from TemplateMonster