I can’t believe the work weeks are going so fast. Only two more weeks before this great internship experience is over! Oh well I better live in the moment while it still lasts.
Values – At absolutecreative their brand values revolve around understanding their clients wants and their audience as well finding that connection between the customer and the brand. This process is known to be the six brand essentials: research and analysis, positioning, promise, creative, implementation, and ongoing operations. Here’s more detail on the components of each process step.
Research & Analysis
- Understanding the company, competencies, and understanding competitors
- Research, study, analysis
- Interviews, understanding core customers, and values
- Being different, focus, and relevant
- Keep in focus at all times
- Finding a niche and marketing position
- Convey, compelling, benefit
- Always kept
- Authentic and credible
- Photos, illustration, representational
- Abstract, conceptual, visual presentation
- Literal, stock, custom
- logo, website, white paper
- Marketing collateral, marketing plan, blog
- Trade shows, presentations, workshops
- Growth, lead generation, referrals
- Outpouring functions, track results, monitor activities
- Profitability, recruiting, and customer satisfaction
Best Practices – What I have learned while working on design at absolutecreative was to always have the design concept consistent and simple. From my first project, (which was web design and development) to my current project (designing a branding identity manual) the designs overall were simple, clean, and consistent. Whenever you look at that design you automatically know and understand what that brand is talking about.
Time – For my work breakdown it depends actually on what type of project I’m working on, I worked on a variety of projects not just web design alone. For my first project I had to build a client website using HTML and CSS and the time break down for that consisted of 30% of jQuery research over the internet, 50% of coding the website, 10% producing the graphics, and 10% for fixing errors.
On my second project was designing a simple brochure on Microsoft Word, that was 50% planning out the design, 40% designing, and the last 10% for getting critiqued and fixing up the design.
My third assignment was color coding a site map so that was pretty easy and the break down for that was 80% researching what type of colors to use for each category, 10% reviewing the site map made sense when you look at the colors, and 10% for getting critiques from Persia if the site map made sense to her.
My current project that I’m just finishing up now is designing a branding identity manual for this one company. The breakdown on this project consisted of 50% research on branding identity, 40% on designing the branding identity manual, and 10% on critique and feedback from Persia.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Giveaway: Free Subscriptions to Depositphotos
- Winners of Interactive HTML5 World Maps from Simplemaps.com
- The Winners of Premium WordPress Themes from TemplateMonster